More Moore

As I mentioned previously, I am loving this brief period where Alan Moore is in the mainstream spotlight, whether he wants to be or not.

The most surreal and unlikely events are occurring. Perhaps the weirdest has to be Moore and Melinda Gebbie being papped by the Daily Mail while nipping out to the shops:




Then there are all the spoofs appearing online, from the Saturday Morning Watchmen to Mad's Botchmen:




Best of all though, is that my better half has started to read Watchmen, rather than go and see the film. You can always rely on Joanne to find a new angle on things. Here is her first report:

"I'm liking it. The blue man is my favourite. He's just gone to Mars on a strop. He's a bit dim. You know how he can be any size that he likes? Well, he never gets it right, does he? He is always just a bit too big. It's like he has to be the tallest guy in the room."

Comments

  1. I am sending Mr Higgs to the misquoter's jail, for the crime of making me sound like I'm about 4 years old. As if anybody would ever say "I'm liking it" outside the confines of a McDonald's advert. I would like to point out that I am a regular purveyor of multi-syllabled prepositions, adverbs, adjectives, conjunctions and pronouns.

    PS That is true about Blue Man. Always has to be the biggest guy in the room. I think he has ishoos...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment